Skip to main content

Chateau St. Michelle, Indian Wells, 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon

Good Wine, Happy Camper

Fall is settling on us quite rapidly. Today, our sunny afternoon was framed by ominous dark clouds lurking on the horizon north of us. It‘s unsettling how quickly the cool weather descends on SE Washington. That touch of autumn sunshine put me in the mood for grilling steaks tonight. I‘ll embrace the sun when I can. But, what good is steak without wine? On my way home, I grabbed a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. On a whim, I bought a wine I would not usually purchase; it was priced on sale for less that $15. My expectations were not high for the wine, I was just hoping for something palatable.

Chateau St. Michelle

Chateau St. Michelle, is a Washington winery - an Eastern and Western Washington winery. The St. Michelle winery and tasting room is located in Woodinville, Washington, just across lake Washington from Seattle. However, this wine is made in Patterson, Washington, from Columbia Valley grapes (Indian Wells series) at their attractive Columbia Crest winery near the Columbia River in South Eastern Washington (about 35 miles from my home). Columbia Crest/Chateau St. Michelle is the largest producer of wine in Washington State (parent company formerly Stimson Lane now Altria).

Dinner turned out well, thick-cut delicious steak, grilled with mushrooms and a good assortment of veggies on the side. The wine was very good too. I opened the wine two hours before pouring. And yes, the wine improved immensely in those two hours. My bias against this wine is due to the size of the parent company. I tend to favor smaller Washington wineries. I must admit, I’m happy with this purchase.

The wine was tight when it was opened, but after a couple of hours some wonderful aromas emerged: a touch of spicy earth, cherry, and vanilla framed by a caress of tarragon. Good weight in the mouth, pleasantly dry, with flavors of spice, dark cherry and vanilla, which goads you to have another glass. Give it some air-time and this wine is sure to be a hit. Even with my considered bias, I like this wine and recommend it.

I seem to be off my Syrah kick - Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot seem to be tooting my horn lately.

Chateau St. Michelle, Indian Wells, 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon
14.2% alcohol
Patterson, Washington
www.ste-michelle.com
425-488-1133

Cheers!

Comments

1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2. 困っています。December 4, 2009 at 4:54 PM

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

13. 女に生れて来たからには!!December 18, 2009 at 3:00 PM

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

27. お家遊びに来てくれる人いないかなぁ?January 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

33. 旦那以外とエッチしたいJanuary 8, 2010 at 3:41 PM

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  34. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  35. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  36. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  37. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

39. 真剣に向き合ってはくれませんか?January 15, 2010 at 1:38 PM

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  41. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  42. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  43. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  44. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  45. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  46. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  47. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  48. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  49. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  50. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  51. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  52. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  53. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  54. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  55. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  56. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  57. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  58. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

59. 恋愛のこと教えてねヽ(^◇^*)/February 12, 2010 at 3:38 PM

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  60. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete
  61. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Recipe | Flourless Chocolate Torte

Satisfying those chocolate cravings. My Instagram followers have seen me post photos ( @wild4wawine ) of my favorite dessert for over a year. Possibly, I've posted the original recipe to Instagram. If you ask, I usually do. After success and failures, I've learned that this dessert does not always deliver desired results. With some effort, I've figured out why, and the remedy. Yes, I've been gently tweaking the recipe. Adjusting ingredients. Modifying and streamlining the process. With mixed results. Confiding with my wife, she gave me a tip that finally nailed this recipe down. I'm happy to share this recipe with modifications. It's truly a lovely dessert. My favorite. Enjoy responsibly. Just out of the oven flourless chocolate torte. Recipe: Flourless Chocolate Torte An easy recipe to follow. You will need an oven, mixer, spring form pan and a double boiler. While you can eat this torte warm, I prefer to let it cool down and refrigerate it

The Best Sci-Fi Series You’re Not Watching. But I Am

The Ministry of Time/El Ministerio Del Tiempo History is under threat. Someone is attempting to alter the past. In response, a secret government organization is working to protect the sanctity of time. This group is the Ministry of Time. Agents of the ministry, are able to travel to different times and places via a deep well of stairs located in Madrid, Spain. From these stairs, innumerable doorways branch off to different periods of the past. Agents are recruited from other time periods, they work diligently to protect the history of Spain. And we get to go along for the thrilling ride. I’m changing up things today by recommending my favorite Spanish TV series. I found it accidentally, now I'm hooked. Improving my Spanish language comprehension Among my self-improvement efforts, there are many, one is to enhance my comprehension and speaking abilities of the Spanish language. With a neglected minor in Spanish, I’m embarrassed to have forgotten so much vocabulary and

Answer: Sweet Bordeaux | Question: Which French Wine Pairs with Salty, Savory and Heat?

Category: Delicious Wine and Food Pairings Since last year, I have found myself drinking more sweet white wines. And not with or as dessert. I've become quite fond of pairing sweet and medium sweet white wines with lunch and dinner. Not any sweet wine will do. You need a quality wine with complexity, sugar yes, but the wine also needs balanced acidity to match with the food. And the wine must be tasty too. I'm referring to the sweet white wines of Bordeaux, France. Sweet Bordeaux wines deepen in color with age. Sweet Bordeaux white wines are made with a combination of Sémillon, Sauvignon Blanc, and Muscadelle grapes.These wines are quite sweet, with balanced acidity, so many of these wines can be long lived in the wine cellar, even decades. As these wines age, you will notice that their color deepens to a beautiful deep gold. Even though these are age worthy wines, they can be quite approachable and food friendly when young. Yes they can. Tasting and pairing th