William Pollard Jr.
Wine Experiences and Articles
- October 2016 Lodi, California, Rediscover Wine Countery - Introduction
- June 2016 Winner of the V edition of BlocDOCat Contest - The best post on #catalanwine under Denomination of Origin made outside of Catalunya.
- August 2015 Taste the Romance of Red Mountain at Hedges Family Estate
- March 2015 Visit Prosser Washington Where the Story of Washington Wine Began
- Destination Woodinville Wine Country Media Visit - 5 part series - Introduction.
- May 2014 - Guest Post, Girl Meets Food "Hightower Cellars – The Top of Red Mountain"
- May 2014 - Guest Post, Girl Meets Food "Terra Blanca Winery – Red Mountain Treasure"
- 2013-2015 Monthly wine podcasts - Co-host #WineMuse Podcast show
- November 9, 2013 - Guest speaker on "Minstrel and Muse - Thanksgiving Traditions"
- September 9, 2013 - Guest speaker on "Minstrel and Muse "Blog Talk Radio"
- June 2013 Wine Bloggers Conference - #WBC13 Penticton, British Columbia.
- March 2013 Spring Media Day Nomacorc, Zebulon, North Carolina.
- November 2012 Wine Tourism Conference - #winetourismconf Santa Rosa, California.
- Hosting the September 19, 2012 #winechat - New Zealand Wine.
- August 2012 Wine Bloggers Conference - #WBC12 Portland, Oregon.
- June 2012 created Kiwi Daydreaming - a New Zealand specific wine blog.
- 2012 Taste Washington Seattle - Attended as a Media Representative.
- Guest Blogger - The Wine'd Up: 3 Washington Syrahs Reviewed.
- July 2011 Wine Bloggers Conference - #WBC11 Charlottesville, Virginia (read post).
- Blogger submission - Snooth.com "My Favorite Wine Itinerary"
- 2011 Taste Washington Seattle - Greeter at the Grand Tasting (read posts).
- 2010 Wine Bloggers Conference - North America! (#WBC10) Walla Walla (read post).
Assisted with setup, greeting, presentation monitoring, pouring and interacting with guests and presenters. I had a great time.
- 2009 Out of the country most of the year + lost my palate (read post on when I recovered palate in 2010).
- Bottling Line at Hightower Winery, Red Mountain, August 2008 (read post) This was my first experience on a bottling line, helping with bottling. Very physical and a little heat stroke.
- Taste Washington Seattle – Grand Tasting, Seattle, April 2008 (read post) Helped at the Washington Wine Commission booth.
- Washington Wine Industry Foundation – Annual Fundraising and Friendraising Auction – Unity Banquet of the WAWGG Annual Meeting, Convention and Trade Show, Kennewick, March 2008 Volunteer assisting with the auction items.
- Veraison, Two Mountain Winery in Zillah, Washington, September 2007 (read post)
- White Wine Sensory Workshop, presenter at Barnard Griffin Winery, 2007 I addressed, sight, smell, taste, feel, varietal characteristics, wine faults, serving, temperature, decanting and storage.
- Palate Training: Sensory Evaluation and Development, WSU Tri-Cities, July 2007, Carolyn Ross. Isolate individual elements of wine, acidity and tannins, and identification.
- Savor the Art – Wine and Art Auction, Terra Blanca Winery 2007
Meet and greet at check-in, cashed-out winning bids, accepted check and credit card payments.
- Washington Liquor Control Board Showcase, Barnard Griffin, 2007
Meet and greet event at the Barnard Griffin Winery.
- Washington Wine Country Grand Gala, Yakima 2007 (read post) Poured Barnard Griffin wines at the reception for the Grand Gala.
- Sunshine and Wine, Yakima 2007 Poured Barnard Griffin wine at this event.
- Summer Thinning, Two Mountain Winery in Zillah, Washington, July 2007 (read post)
- Spring Barrel Weekend, Barnard Griffin Winery 2007 Poured Barnard Griffin wines at this event.
- Washington Wine Commission, Florida Marketing, Barnard Griffin 2006 Meet and greet, dinner and excellent conversation at this event.
- Sunshine and Wine, Yakima 2006 Poured Barnard Griffin wines at this event.
- Spring Barrel Weekend, Barnard Griffin Winery 2006 Poured wines at this event.
- Washington Wine Ambassador 2006 - 2009
- Living in Washington wine country since 1986. (read post)
Wine Industry Employment
- 2015 September - Present, Walter Clore Wine and Culinary Center, Wine Educator, Prossser, WA. Centrally located in the heart of Washington wine country. A must-see, learning center that promotes Washington State wine and food by actively engaging visitors to learn, experience and appreciate the quality and diversity of its wine and food products.
- 2005 – 2007, Barnard Griffin Winery Richland, WA, Tasting Room HospitalityResponsibilities included: Being gracious and welcoming, while assisting customers with wine tasting, selection, product presentation, stocking and shipping. Managed shift schedules for tasting room employees. Assisted with wine club orders and shipments. Opened and closed the tasting room. Used Vin Balance POS (point of sale), exceptional customer service, growing wine knowledge (how Washington wines are unique, wine tasting 101, wine faults). Conversant on Washington wine industry, including: varietals, appellations, climate and soil. Enthusiastic and customer driven employee. Loved the wines, loved sharing the wines with customers.