Listen to #TheWineMuse podcast: Wedding Wine and Cocktail Ideas
Spring and summer ring in the wedding season when brides and families all across the world scramble to put together beautiful receptions while staying within tight budgets.
On this special June podcast "Wedding Wine and Cocktail Ideas" Hosts Linda Rez and William Pollard welcome Natalie Miglianni from Beautiful Booze to share her creative suggestions for serving wine and wine cocktails at weddings that will make your guests feel special. They're easy, inexpensive, and you can make them ahead, but they still have the WOW factor.
|Beautiful Booze, photo courtesy Natalie Miglianni.|
Natalie is a displaced southerner now residing in Seattle, Washington. She is a home bartender, cocktail stylist, photographer, freelance writer, and recipe developer with a flair for discovering new and creative ways to use booze. She believes that every occasion begins and ends with a beautiful drink!
We had a lively conversation with Natalie about how to stretch your wedding drink budget while staying stylish and tasty. She shared suggestions about signature cocktails, dressing up punches, Sangria, and her special "Do it yourself Mimosa Bar." I've been inspired to use some of the lavender I grow in the yard in my next "fancy" drink.
A fun show with Beautiful Booze discussing creative ways to dress up celebratory beverages. You are encouraged to visit Beautiful Booze for creative recipes and beautiful photos. She's rather partial to Bourbon recipes, so yes, a big fan of her site.
We also discussed alternatives to Champagne as well as how to go about choosing red and white wines for the wedding reception. Factor the number of guests, preferences for wine, and time of day or evening the wine will be served. Much to consider.
- The largest survey of US couples married in 2014 finds to-be-weds are growing their budgets, focusing on personalized details and the guest experience, and increasingly going mobile for planning.
- Average Wedding Cost: $31,213 (excludes honeymoon).
- Average Number of Guests: 136
- Most Popular Month to Get Married: June (15%) followed by October (14%).
- Average Catering (price per person) $68
- Source: Press Release/XO Group/The Knot Wedding Site