Corvus Cellars was my favorite winery at Taste Washington! this year.
|Randall and Jennifer Hopkins|
at 2011 Revelry on Red Mountain.
Corvus Cellars is a partnership between Winemaker Steve Lessard and Winegrower Randall Hopkins. I met Randall last year at Revelry on Red Mountain. Corvus currently produces a limited 1200 cases of wine with emphasis on using fruit from the Red Mountain and Walla Walla AVA's. Winemaker Steve Lessard has produced award winning wines at Stag's Leap Wine Cellars in Napa Valley, Hedges Family Estate on Red Mountain and Whitman Cellars in Walla Walla.
The Corbel Sauvage is especially good with wild fermentation, and 100% Cabernet Sauvignon. The 2009 Estate Petit Verdot rocked. All wines are in extremely limited production. Wine club members are very fortunate to have such attention lavished on the, for wine club members only, Corvus wines. I need to visit this winery.
My Favorite Wines This Year:
|Corvus Cellars Viognier 2010.|
* Favorite: Viognier 2010 – Very Good, bigger on the finish, tasty, pleasantly crisp, restrained. Released June 2011, ABV 12.9%, cases produced 150, retail price $17.
|Corvus Cellars Cuvee 2008.|
* Favorite: 2008 Cuvee - Good nose, friendly, pair with Italian food, like. Released December 2010, ABV 13.7%, cases produced 600, retail price $18.
|Corvus Cabernet Sauvignon 2007.|
* Favorite: 2007 Red Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon - 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, big, good, awesome, dry, huge finish, a meal. Released May 2011, ABV 14.4%, cases produced 120, retail price $39.
* Favorite: 2009 Estate Petit Verdot - Unreleased barrel sample, Very Good, interesting. Rocks! For wine club members only.
* Favorite: Corbel Sauvage - 100% Cabernet Sauvignon, barrel sample, wild fermentation, amazing, only 50 cases produced, only for wine club members. Wow.
Wines listed here are the wines I liked and recommend. My favorite wines appealed to me because they expressed unique characteristics and quality, they are indicated by an “*” and are in italics.
596 Piper Avenue
Walla Walla, WA 99362
Tasting room Hours:
Friday - By Appt or Special Event Weekends
Saturday & Sunday 11am-5pm
December 5th - March 1st, please call winery
Related Post: Taste Washington! How I will Review 29 Wineries and 103 Wines.